NGD I picked up this Fender Paramount PM2 Parlor Guitar from Bothners Clearance Store in Cape Town. These are Fender's higher end hand made guitars, still in China, but the fit and finish is outstanding.
- Solid woods, this one Mahogany back and sides and neck
- Sitka Spruce Top,
- Rosewood fingerboard, Bridge and Headstock.
-Quartersawn scalloped X bracing,
- Real bone nut and Saddle.
- It comes with a really snazzy guitar case.
- 1930's style Fender logo in Mother-of-pearl,
- binding all round, neck, head and top and bottom of the box
- 1960's style checkerboard Purfling and Rosette,
- 24.75" scale length
- Fender/Fishman specific preamp, tuned to each model shape
- Vintage style open tuners
It came with .12 strings that were quite rusted. I replaced them with .10's and setup the neck relief to the lighter strings. Apart from that the rest of the setup is superb, string height at 12th 2.5mm E to 1.5mm e. I checked the intonation and except for the G string that is minutely out the rest are spot on.
This baby playsbeautifully, hands complaining after 3 hour session yesterday afternoon:
For R6995 this is a superb guitar, all solid woods, exceptional build. The normal price online is about R14K.
There is another one there, a Rosewood back and sides, with Spruce top, only that one is in Sunburst, for R7999, that is the deluxe option. Unfortunately for me is I hate sunburst other would have taken it instead
NOTE: I did publish pics but you cant see them due a technical glitch on the forum