A oldie (circa 2011), but a goldie by @evolucian, I discovered recently. All the links are still active and there's a goldmine of good stuff.
This series of lessons is designed to get you to know your fretboard. Become acquainted with it like you’ve always dreamed of/hoped to. So before I continue with what this series will do for you, let me first tell you what it will not do.
• Make you a shredder
• Make you solo like a god
• Make you understand life, the universe, or anything in it
• Make me give you a fish
But it will:
• Help you think for yourself
• Help you understand your fretboard
• Help you visualize your way across the neck, as well as up it
• Help you understand the framework of a scale as it slips its way across the fretboard
• Help you learn how to fish for yourself
Who's feeling brave and want to join me on the trail of pain? I think we'll take it over a longer time period though...