This was a damn awesome project.
Did you get your chrome knobs?
Feel free to ignore this - it's your guitar not mine - but considering the work you did on the pimp-o-caster, why not get rid of the "Cort" on the headstock and replace it with a V8 logo for the final personal touch?
Thanks bro - amazed I still have hair left... 😀
Didn't get the knobs, group buy fell through and I figured I could re-purpose some hard drive spindles somehow...which I never did get around to.
Ahh, I did ask the guys at Foxy Woods when they were still resident at the Gear Junkie about re-finishing the headstock and replacing the Cort with a fender styled "Pimpocaster". They did a few spot finishes on high end guitars and they were really good...But matching the tint of the lacquer would have been rather difficult and pricey (lacquer was R500... ???). Other options was to try to either colour match the body finish (grey satin) or chrome the headstock (yeaaahhhh!).
I'm still debating if this is a keeper or not...especially since I'm playing bass now.
Great looking guitar, Meron! You have inspired me to put in some MIDI time this weekend and organise some patches.
After reading the thread of your installation speed bumps I feel like my setup is really straightforward: Strat > Fishman TriplePlay > Mac.
Thanks Cannon! Glad my trials and tribulations benefited someone (I know Arjun got some benefit when he recently got Wizard to help him fit a acousticphonic kit - we'd already made all the mistakes on mine!).
I reallly considered a tripleplay...much, much easier & great tracking. A tripleplay into a Mac should be the very definition of plug n play? Although my cost (w/guitar) is still significantly less than a tripleplay.
When I got the GI-20 talking to the soundcanvas - and the latency was negligible - I realized that old tech likes old tech. That's how it was designed. For what I wanted to do, (all-in-one solution running everything via a laptop) : the tripleplay + mac makes farrrrrrrrr more sense...Current tech, talking to current tech.
But the windows user (aka masochist) in me enjoyed figuring out how to get this put together, where the issues were, how to improve it, etc...Interestly the local distributors have a pile of graphtech ghosts/hexpanders/acousticphonic parts gathering dust in the warehouse as nobody really wants to attempt the installs in Cpt anymore - aside from myself and Wizard.
I keep this thread going with my pain(s) to hopefully spare others some of the headaches 😉